Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Last day for University's Blood Donation!!!!!


Some of my seniors said that there will be blood donation event in the university every semester... and for this semester, it was yesterday and today~
My housemate encouraged me to donate blood...
I wanted to donate blood too... cuz this will be my first time~
Judging myself that i should be 18 years old already, so i went to first floor of SA and filled up the forms after submitting my lab report...
I met my friend, Xuejing and registered for ping pong tournament and the club itself... So now i am one of the member of Table Tennis Club...

While submitting the form to the nurses, looking at the other schoolmates lying down looking generous, one of the nurse voiced out, "You're still underage..."
"I only have two months to my birthday, can't you just let me go...?
Count me in~" That was on my mind....
Then, the nurse gave me a letter form... She asked me to get a signature from my lecturer and a stamp from the university...

Therefore, with some the excitement leaving in my heart, i went to block B to look for Mr Tan (cuz he said he's gonna donate too...) He finally signed for me; however, he didn't have a stamp for me... i thought that the nurse will just let me pass since i got the signature... but she said you must have a stamp from the university as a "confirmation"...

Though it was harsh for me to accept, i went to block C, the faculty office to get the stamp for the bloody form...
One of the staff there was kind and friendly, she negotiated with her supervisors for the approvment, but the supervisor did not accept it...
She came out and told me that you must ask my parents to sign or unless ask my parents to send an email to them... blablabla~ (it's already the last day... )
I felt grateful and thanked her though it didn't turn out to be what i expected, but at least i saw her effort towards my request... that was touching~
Then the bloody supervisor came out... she told me that the university is not going to take the responsibility if something happens to me... they don't dare to take the risk... that's the main reason behind it~ which was acceptable...
However, she added, "It's not like you're gonna save the world..."
WHAT! o.O Bloody $%^&!
That was really harsh... it's my first time...
I don't mean that i can save the world either! At least i can contribute...
I felt kinda sad, and embarrassed after the way she turned me down like that... I was standing there, looking stupid, spacing out while i got back my thoughts and walk away...
I feel that i am so dumb... why do i have to rush? There's loads of chance for me to donate my blood...

I wanted to donate the blood this time cuz i wanna see if my blood is useful or not... it's kinda free blood checking... so if there's something wrong, they will call me and talk to me about it... i suppose~ hahax...
But... everything was just a stupid dream... nah~

It's okay... one day, i will surely donate my blood to help others! (if my blood is acceptable~ )
hahax...
Sorry Sen Loong~ 我有心无力~

No comments: